Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Blowing my own trumpet :D

Ok, so I decided to brag a little about my very recent artistic success.
As some of you know, I draw and do some requests from my friends and family. Recently, Karolina asked me to draw a scene from a book by Peter V. Brett 'The Painted Man'. Obviously, I drew it (had a lot of fun with it, honestly ;)), gave it to her (now it's hanging over her bed) and posted it on my DeviantArt profile.
Not so long ago, I received a comment from a man who, after short investigation, turned out to be Peter V. Brett himself! :D I can't describe how happy I was to receive a praising comment from the author of the book I made fan art of :)
And then I was asked for permission to place my drawing on Peter's official blog! Of course, I agreed and now it's there! :D
Follow this link to check it out: http://www.petervbrett.com/2011/04/12/art-by-fans/
The second drawing in the post is mine :) It's called Arlen vs One Arm and I'm soooo proud of it :D

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed - both with the picture itself and with the recognition you received. Congratulations! :) BTW, am I mistaken or have you given your blog a new look? Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :)
    And yes, I didn't like the old one anymore so I decided to upgrade it :)

    ReplyDelete